Saturday, May 1, 2010

Why can't anything ever be easy??

I have torn the house apart trying to find my damn social security card. I have no idea where it is. I need it in order to register for my CNA course. Looks as though I am going to have to go to the social security office to get a new one. (If you remember, government agencies and I do not go well together. SO not looking forward to that trip)

But wait...

In order to do that, I need my birth certificate, which must be off on some tropical island having a few cocktails and living it up with my social security card because that document is no where to be found either.

So now I have to order a copy of my birth certificate, wait for it to come in, then go to the social security office to get a new one of those, wait for THAT to come in, and HOPEFULLY have the damn thing in time to register for this CNA course in July. Oh, and hopefully there will be open spots for it by the time I get all this crap together.

It would be nice for at least ONE thing to go my way every once and a while.

4 comments:

  1. wanna borrow mine?


    It will all work out. Do you have a passport? Surely that would count for something!

    PS, thanks for adding me to your blog list ;) I wish we could go to NS together, at least it would probably be more entertaining ;) Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club!

    I couldn't find my SSCard the night before SITTING for my NA exam! Argh!

    Found the stub that it was originally attached to and enough documentation to convince the examiner to let me in.

    Still need to order a new one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh wait until you read my post:-( you think you have it bad.... But that old saying goes, anything worth having is worth fighting for right? One we will all look back or read back rather and say geez that was such a long time ago:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I have the feeling that you'll find it after you get the new one. Murphey's Law!! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete