1. I used to play the flute.
2. I was actually really good at it but my high school made us do marching band and I was too cool for marching band so I quit.
3. I never went to band camp.
4. I wish I would have sucked it up and stayed in band. I would have made so many lifelong friends if I wasn’t so worried about my non-existent high school image.
5. I retreated to the dark room instead.
6. I still use film and develop it myself.
7. There is something amazing about exposing your paper to light, putting it into chemicals and seeing the image appear.
8. I don’t do it as much in this digital world and I miss it.
9. I sing when I drive. Loudly.
10. I can’t carry a tune but wish I could because I love to sing.
11. You won’t see me on American Idol though because I know I can’t sing.
12. I also car dance.
13. My kids love it right now but I am sure as they get older it will embarrass them. It embarrasses my husband.
14. That’s why I do it every time I am in the car with him.
15. I have a HUGE fear of drowning.
16. For that reason I hate swimming but suck it up anyways because my kids love it.
17. I’d rather be on a lake than at the beach.
18. I hate getting all sandy from the beach. That shit gets everywhere and makes me feel gross.
19. I never wanted kids growing up.
20. I wouldn’t trade my kids for anything, most days.
21. I’m scared to become a nurse.
22. I don’t feel like I am smart enough for this.
23. I’m worried I am not going to know what I am doing and end up killing someone.
24. I’m pretty damn stubborn even when I know I am wrong.
25. I don’t like chocolate.
26. I live in the suburbs but wish for a high rise condo downtown.
27. My husband wants to retire in the country. With cows. The thought of that makes me crazy.
28. I have a feeling we will be retiring in two different places. The country is not my thing.
29. I’m a compulsive shopper. I call it my therapy but I think I might need an intervention.
30. I skipped day 5 because I don’t want to go there.
6 months ago