Saturday, February 20, 2010

You have got to be kidding me

I filled out my FASFA yesterday, hoping that I could get at least get a Stafford loan to help us out when I start The Program. I fully expected that I would still need to take out a private student loan as well but had hoped that I could get some money at an insanely low interest rate.

WRONG!!!

Apparently our EFC is so freakin high that I could afford to pay for tuition at a private university and still have some left over. Really government? REALLY? Do you take into account my mortgage? What about feeding a family of four? Car payments? Utilities? Yep, didn't think so. Apparently they seem to think we are swimming in funds when in reality, we are barely making it by as it is.

It is so frustrating to see all these incentives for everyone but me to use to go back to school and better themselves. I'm so tired of being too "rich" to get any help, but too poor to be able to help myself. I'm stuck. When will us middle class folks get a break?

1 comment:

  1. I was under the impression that anyone could get a student loan. My mistake. I hope you can work it out...

    ReplyDelete