Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cooking vs. Sex - Who's the real winner?

Let me preface this by saying that I hate cooking. I thought it was something that I just wasn’t good at but once I got better I would enjoy it. I even considered taking some cooking classes to improve on my mediocre skills. I realized though, that I just don’t like it. Which is probably why I’m not any good at it. My husband on the other hand has the potential to be a great cook.

While we were at our favorite fancy restaurant for Valentine’s day, we got to talking about saving money and all the things we are doing now that is causing us to waste our money. Eating out all the time was at the top of the list. We do this because I hate cooking. (funny that this should come up while we are out to dinner at a place that we can only afford on special occasions) I finally came clean with him. All my excuses for not cooking dinner, because I’m tired, because we don’t have all the ingredients, because I just don’t feel like it, are really just that. Excuses. I simply loathe having to cook. There, I admitted it. Now it’s out there.

I jokingly said that he should start taking on the cooking duties of the house. Surprisingly, he didn’t immediately tell me I was nutso. I proceeded to stroke his ego in hopes that he would agree with what started out as a joke, but quickly turned into a possibility. I made him believe that he actually had it in him to be a good cook. (which I really do think he does). Threw out some examples of why I thought so and then, without thinking, I blurted out “If you start taking over the cooking, I will give it up more often.”

SHIT! What the hell did I just say?!?! I just traded cooking for sex. I sold myself just to get out of cooking.

Needless to say, he was all over that idea. The next day, he jumped online and started printing out recipes. I have to admit, he has made some pretty great dinners the past few nights and it has been so nice to get home from work and be able to play with the girls without worrying about what I am going to make for dinner (or rather, where we are going to eat dinner) He has even had a plate all ready to warm up for me when I get home from school in the evenings. And yes, he has been getting more action. Seems as though this arrangement is working out pretty nicely so far.

1 comment: